Siteworks has begun construction on over 9,000 sq ft of ground floor retail space in the Sidecar building of The Ardea. Our work is featured on Urbanworks Real Estate website:
With seven letters of intent currently in negotiations, Kennedy Associates has given the green light to local design build firm Siteworks to bring 9,400 SF of ground floor retail space to a warm shell conditions for future tenants at the Ardea. Retailers will have the opportunity to lease move in ready spaces complete with solid hard wood floors and roll up garage doors."
"Despite the tough economic climate, 2010 is starting to show a glimmer of what is to come at the South Waterfront. The number of residents and OHSU employees is steadily climbing.
Current building occupancy numbers show that the dust is settling at the construction zones and buildings are nearing their capacity and retailers have begun taking note.
Current occupancy rates are as follows:
- Meriwether(245 units)- 100% SOLD!
- John Ross (303 units)- 92% SOLD!
- Atwater (214 units)- 60% SOLD!
- The Ardea (323 units)- 81.6% Leased
- The Riva (292 units)- 90% Leased
- The Matisse (272 units)- 21% Leased
- Mirabella (281 units)- 85% Reserved. Move in began August 31st
- The Tamarack (209 units)- Construction scheduled to begin Fall 2010
- OHSU Center for Health and Healing- Approximately 1,150 Employees
We are seeing increased interest from local grocery store owners, restaurateurs, and other service providers (salons, wellness centers, etc.). All of this coupled with the spaces already leased, point to a viable economic and residential center."
Link to article: